Sunday, January 16, 2011

3 minutes with Warren Buffett


A good friend of mine will often say to me: "Mike, do yourself a favor" then proceed with advice or a recommendation. I will do the same for my readers. Do yourself a favor and spend less than 3 minutes watching the following 2 YouTube clips of of Warren Buffett giving his advice to the average investor:

1. Stay out of debt
2. Save regularly
3. Buy INDEX funds (for more info on index funds explore my past blogs)
4. Don't try and time the market. We lose a lot of money listening to the financial press and then buying and selling at the wrong time.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEX81lGhMwM&feature=related

This is advice that I have promoted and expanded on in previous blog posts.

My mission is to educate and spread sound financial learning in all of my writing - an effort to explain and expand on the ideas of Warren and other financial thinkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment